When a woman reaches her menopausal period, the decrease in her hormone levels can make her feel she is old, unattractive, dispensable, or weak. In short, menopausal can really take a toll on her self-esteem and self-image. This can prompt her to become even more susceptible to depression, which is also a common menopause symptom. As her husband, what can you do to help her? Well, there are many ways that you can do to tone down the blues of your menopausal wife.
1. Have an honest talk. The first thing that you can do to help your menopausal wife is to have an honest talk with her. Encourage her to be open about what exactly she feels. Listen to her talk about her symptoms so that you can understand her better. However, it’s not enough that you just talk and encourage her to talk to you with all honesty. It is also important that you listen sincerely to what she’s saying so that you will not only understand what she’s going through but also for her to feel that you are, indeed, willing to understand and help her.
2. Increase your patience. Another common symptom of menopause is irritability. Many menopausal women easily make a mountain out of a molehill. In the event that your wife snarls at you for no apparent reason, hold your patience and don’t respond to her in the same way. You need to remind yourself that it is not your fault nor your wife’s. It’s the hormones that causing her to behave the way she does.
3. Be faithful. Many menopausal women also experience vaginal dryness due to the decreasing amount of the reproductive hormones in their body. This does not only leave their vagina dry and painful when they have sex; it causes them to lose interest in sex, too. If you want to have sex, but she refuses, you can probably gently persuade her to give in to what you want. Start with a good caress and romance her until she feels charged up. However, if gentle persuasion and a good foreplay do not do the trick, this doesn’t mean that you can fool around just to satisfy your needs. You can satisfy yourself through self-sex, or perhaps, haggle with your menopausal wife to give you a gratifying hand job or even a blow job.
4. Educate yourself. Apart from asking your wife about her symptoms, it would also be of great help if you research about menopause to increase your understanding about it. With the Internet, getting the necessary information that you need is easy.
5. Compliment her. Many menopausal women are bothered by their looks and body shape. As they experience menopause, they are faced with the realization that they are aging. Even if you think that your wife is no longer as attractive as she used to be, especially when both of you were still younger, don’t ever agree with her if she asks you if she is no is not as pretty as she once was. Instead, find something about her physical appearance that is worth complimenting and assure her how much you love her.
Of course, there are many other things that you can do to support your menopausal wife. In fact, if you talk together and be honest with each other, she might just give you an outline on how you can help her in this irritating and bothersome phase of her life.
(The Results May Vary. People think that when a product works with them, it can also do the same for all women. Apparently, the results may vary depending on the person.)